Dissect Green Day's Signature Stadium Punk Rock Sound
Learn how Grammy-winning mix engineer Andrew Scheps mixed the Green Day single "Bang Bang".
In this exclusive mixing tutorial, Andrew opens up his final mixing session and shows you how he added the final sonic touches and details to the band’s self-produced record Revolution Radio.
Watch and learn as Andrew walks you through every track, every plugin and most importantly every decision he made to bring the song to life and ready to rock radio stations worldwide.
Throughout this 1.5 hour tutorial, hear before and after comparisons and learn the techniques a multi-platinum mix engineer uses to amplify the band’s legendary punk rock energy on their 12th studio album.
Learn how to:
- Create a larger-than-life soundstage and still maintain a punk rock attitude and energy
- Find a sonic vision for the mix that fits with the artist’s concept and direction
- Loud, punchy and huge sounding drums without using samples
- Apply a mixing template for a consistent sound and easy workflow
- EQ and balance doubled heavy guitar tones
- Fill out the mix with a bass tone that grounds the entire mix and also cuts through on small speakers
- Create a distinct and clear vocal tone that adds attitude and dimension to the mix
- Add stereo bus processing to nail the mix before sending it off to mastering
- Get a loud, fast and aggressive sounding mix without making it sound squashed, smashed or losing speed/energy