The 'Truly Analog' De-Esser
The AVA De-Esser is the latest implementation of Harrison’s renowned De-Esser algorithm, used in ultra high-end post & film facilities worldwide. Now in the fourth generation, the Harrison De-Esser algorithm has been continuously tweaked by their customers in high-end studios around the world. It enables you to tune into harsh sibilance in real-time and eliminate it.
Harrison’s reputation for "True Analog In-The-Box" sound is due to a unique development heritage, where they first created an analog console processor and then converted the processor to digital while retaining the sound and character of the original analog system.
- Intelligent algorithm operates on harsh sibilance while ignoring other fricatives.
- Band Solo and Auto-Solo features to help dial-in the sibilant frequency range.
- Capable of up to 12dB reduction in sibilance.
- Adjustable threshold & depth allow fine control over the processor’s onset and strength.
- Fast and easy-to-use interface with 6 control dimensions accessible in the main graph.
- Zero-latency processing, suitable for “live” use.
- Gain-reduction meter appears on Pro Tools (AAX) and Studio One (VST3) mixer strip.