The Original MPC Digital EQ From Harrison Consoles
The AVA LegacyQ is a plug-in version of Harrison's original MPC digital equalizer, it began life as a digitally-controlled analog circuit and was later adapted to digital while being used in ultra high-end post & film facilities worldwide.
Harrison’s reputation for “True Analog In-The-Box” sound is due to their unique development heritage; first creating an analog console processor and then converting the processor to digital while retaining the sound and character of the original analog console.
Like the original, the AVA LegacyQ is optimized for use with control surfaces. Each band covers a limited range equivalent to its original analog counterpart, and the “Q” shape is designed to optimally match the operating range of a physical knob.
- Harrison’s first full featured digital EQ in a plug-in
- 5 parametric EQ bands with selectable shape
- 2 filters with selectable shapes (including Harrison’s wide bottom notch for fast & accurate repair work)
- Harrison’s custom 4 octave frequency ranges; first developed for the 32C console in 1975
- Harrison’s custom "Q" knob is optimized for use with control surfaces
- High precision RTA analyzer retains full resolution in the low frequencies
- 5 EQ bands and 2 filters are provided for optimum compatibility with Avid control surfaces
- EQ curve appears on Pro Tools mixer window, and control surface displays (AAX only)
- +/- 15 dB output trim