Watch a legend mix a rock song
Chris Lord Alge is one of the most renowned mixing engineers in the world. His style can be heard on records from legendary artists such as U2, Aerosmith, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, James Brown, The Who, Green Day and dozens more.
His plugins are some of the most used ever created, and his process is lightning fast. Now is your chance to sit at the console with one of the largest innovators of the mixing craft and see the process he uses to help artists sell millions of records across the globe.
See how CLA uses techniques like:
- Parallel Compression and Parallel EQ to bring elements of the mix directly in your face
- Create excitement in snare drums
- Craft punchy and powerful guitars
- Identify and emphasize the special moments of a mix
- Learn why he never adds reverb to direct drum microphones.
In this 2-hour pureMix.net exclusive, watch CLA craft the mix for the Grammy award-winning song “It’s Not Over” from the fastest selling debut rock album of all time by Daughtry.
Once you’ve seen how Chris does it, download the stems and try it yourself!