The vibe and sound of a historical recording at your fingertips
The Black Album Drums is a drum library for BFD3 and Kontakt 5.5 (full version) inspired by the drum sound featured on the "Black Album" by Metallica from 1991.
It features the kit played on that record, not just the same model, that exact kit (a 1980 Gretsch with Zildjian cymbals and a Tama Bell Brass snare)
In addition to the original kit, there are 2 additional snares, a Ludwig 1970s and a vintage Black Beauty, dual kicks (L&R), 5 toms, 4 crash cymbals, an additional china and ride cymbal.
Chocolate Audio approached the production of this library with an enormous amount of respect and love for the sound they wanted to capture: one of the signature sounds of the history of Rock and Metal music.
- Recreates the magic vibe and sound of an historical record
- Features the same exact kit used on the "Black Album" by Metallica
- Same microphones and recording path as used on the "Black Album"
- Engineered by Mike Tacci (originally the assistant engineer on the "Black Album")
- Recorded in the same room, at One On One studio (now 17 Hertz) in North Hollywood (CA)
- BFD3 Expander and Kontakt versions, all in one pack
- 12.5 GB BFD3 Expander and Kontakt versions (both compressed on disk and compressed downloads)
- 25,000 samples
- 1 full drum kit
- 17 drum pieces
- Sampled in full detail: up to 286 samples per articulation divided into up to 11 round robins (Kontakt)
- 5 round robins on Cymbals and more than 16 dynamics each
- The best of both worlds: the power of BFD for drums, the ease of use and integration of Kontakt
- Up to 3 close mics on each drum piece
- 5 sets of room mics (BFD version): Overheads (2xU87), Close Room (2xAKG C12), XYs Room (a set of 4 AKG414), Far Room (2xTelefunken ELAM 251s), Rear Room (a single AKG414)
- 4 sets of room mics (Kontakt version): 2xOverheads, 1xRear Room, 2xFar Room and a stereo mixdown of Close, XYs and a small hint of PZMs
- A warm and deep sound, processed through an analog tape machine (Studer A800)
- Mixing and management (Kontakt) thanks to our custom advanced scripting
- Digitally recorded at 24 bit / 88.2 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz
- Features presets mixed by Mike Tacci