Drums that have a Majestic Sound
The medium-sized recording room used on Imperial Drums allows naturally warm ambience and direct mic signals with superb isolation. Many of the included instruments provide alternative ambient and direct mic sets for increased variety. Finally, 13 stick and beater types including hot-rods, webs, rutes and jazz brushes were used to play the instruments.
The included drums, cymbals and hihats are expertly set up and tuned by experienced session drummer Elio Rivagli. With over 150 loadable instruments in total, Imperial Drums' sounds are suitable for all genres of music that demand powerful, musical-sounding drums.
Imperial Drums features drums sampled from:
- 2 DW kits played with wooden, hotrod, brush, mallet no-wires, blastix and web sticks.
- 1 Ludwig Vistalite kit played with wooden, wooden no-wires, blades, blastix, brush, mallet, mallet no-wires, hotrod sticks.
- 5 Remo Rototoms played with wooden, blades, brush, mallet, hortod sticks.
- 18 Paiste cymbals, including 3 Hi-Hats and 4 Rides, all played with different kind of sticks.
- 7 snares from Ludwig, DW, Premier, Remo and Yamaha, played with different sticks.
- 10 GB compressed sample content size
- 60,272 samples
- 2+ full drum kits played with 13 different sticks/beaters
- 150+ drum pieces
- Sampled in full detail with up to 300 samples per articulation and up to 10 round robins (Kontakt)
- Recorded in a medium size dry room, very good to adapt the drum sound to many different mixing scenarios
- Up to 4 close mics
- 4 room channels: based on the specific drum, up to 2 x Overheads and 2 x Room choices
- Precise yet warm sound, recorded direct mic to pre to AD
- Recorded at 24 bit / 88.2 KHz, released at 24 bit / 44.1 KHz