A multi-purpose channel strip plug-in for real-time processing
The AVA Live (LV) is the latest plugin development from Harrison that combines a wide range of processing tools and user features specifically designed for live performance applications.
AVA Live is an all-in-one, latency free plug-in that addresses the needs of customers who are working within a DAW, but need the immediacy of a live console workflow, with the ability to switch quickly between sounds in the heat of the moment.
This is a multi-purpose channel strip plug-in optimized for real-time processing which makes it a useful tool for mixing in live settings. It contains 8 routable processing elements including dynamics, EQ, and effects which can be used across a wide variety of applications. AVA Live also offers multiple presets that can serve as useful starting points for various types of signals.
AVA Live’s user interface consists of 11 unique components referred to as modules. Modules that directly correlate with specific processing elements such as compression or EQ are classified as processing modules, while other modules serve more general functions that aren’t related to any particular processing element. The 8 processing modules are listed below in their respective processing categories:
• Dynamics: Noise Gate, De-Esser, Compressor
• EQ: 32C EQ, 32C Filters
• Effects: Chorus, Delay, Reverb.
The other 3 modules serve more general functions that are not related to any processing element in particular and instead affect the plugin as a whole. These modules are as follows:
• Master Controls,
- A full function Noise Gate
- The widely popular 32c four band parametric equalizer with proportional gain and separate High-Pass and Lo-Pass filters
- A Compressor with presets for Leveling, Compressing and Limiting along with full individual parameter controls and gain reduction metering
- Harrison's DeEsser for managing sibilance and other high frequency issues
- An effects section with Chorus, Delay and Reverb for adding subtle musical effects to vocals
- A full routing section allowing the various processing sections to be arranged in any signal flow order
- A Preset section that includes 14 factory presets to get you going along with a section for storing your own presets.