Strings, Human Voices, 10 band Musical Vocoder and more .....
For many years, this wonderfully versatile machine has been used by some of the greatest names in the world of music. Since the arrival of 'virtual instruments', devotees of the computer music world have been waiting longing to have it as part of their sound arsenal. Now the wait is over!
The XILS V+ offers a Vintage 10 band Vocoder, Supreme Top Octave Divider based Strings and an Octave Divider based on Human Voices, and offers sophisticated layering of all of these three elements.
After more than a year of intense modeling, deep in the basement of the Xils Laboratories, Xils now offer you this complete recreation of this legend. Its unique vintage vibe and classic looks were only brought back to life by precisely emulating long forgotten techniques.
T.O.D: The Top Octave Divider Oscillator provides a unique sound that samples or other simple synthesis techniques can reproduce. Emulating the T.O.D, without any aliasing on the whole frequency range, with its pitch and waveform modulation, was a real challenge.
XILS-lab touch: The XILS V+ would not, however, be a real XILS-lab instrument if they did not add many functions and possibilities that were not present in the original machine. Some of them giving access to its hidden internal circuitry and parameters and some being totally new.
So how close did XILS-lab get to recreating this legend? Judge for yourself by watching the A/B comparison video and listening to the Audio demos. You will not be disappointed!
- One finely tweak and emulated Top Octave Divider aliasing free oscillator, providing up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- Access to a lot of parameters which the original hardware model kept hiiden from view.
- One complete string section.
- One human voice/choir section.
- One 10 band vocoder.
- A virtual keyboard (from which notes can be saved in your presets).
- An advanced Stereo Space effect.
- A simple but great sounding reverb.
- An analog like resonant Phaser.
- Up to 6 free assignable modulation nodes, with up to 14 sources and 24 destinations.
- A special Glide function.
- A fine grained tweakable analog-like pitch tracker.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.