The Clavi D9 is based on the well known clavinet D6 by Hohner.
It is probably one of the most "funky" instruments ever invented, despite the fact that it was originally intended for classical music since its sound is close to that of the harpsichord. It turns out that it is very well suited to replace or double a rhythmic guitar and has been used in many Funk and Disco hits.
The clavinet has 5 octaves (60 keys) and works in a simple way. When you play a note, the string is pressed against a bridge just like a hammer on on a guitar, the non muted part of the string vibrates and the pickups amplify the sound.
The D6 has very few controls, 4 eq switches, 2 pickup switches and a global volume.
Acoustic Samples recorded both pickups and they modeled precisely the eqs, as a result you can use the whites switches just like on the real instrument.
They sampled every possible aspect of the instrument, normal notes, staccatos, releases, mutes, every pickup, sympathetic resonances to give you the most authentic Clavinet sound possible.
- 2,76Gb, around 4500 samples.
- Realistic staccatos.
- Precise simulation of the original filters.
- Separation of both pickups and independant volume.
- Sympathetic Resonances.
- High quality Amp simulations with the most used models.
- Real Wah effect with different pedal models.
- Complete FX selection with Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Chorus, Distortion and Spring Reverb.
- Real mute samples.
- Control over the MIDI response of the library.
- Advanced UVI scripting
Mac OSX Windows
Acousticsample products must be protected via iLok.