SONiVOX is proud to offer Tony Coleman Drums, an amazing drum instrument for drummers, producers, and songwriters.
A legend in the R&B/Blues world, Tony is renowned for his work with B.B. King, Etta James, Buddy Guy and Albert King. He's been the irresistible pulse and unstoppable power behind some of the world's most infectious, soulful and unforgettable music. And now, in your creative hands, his one-of-a-kind sound is in your band!
The sound and feel of Tony's illustrious drumming was expertly captured at the lauded Ardent Studios in Memphis, TN, on the best recording gear available. Each individual kick drum accent, snare hit and cymbal strike was tracked to a Studer 2-inch analog tape machine to acquire the highly-desirable affect of tape compression. Complemented by a high-definition audio engine, each sample translates the session's impeccable realism and detail to any modern digital audio workstation. Tony imparts his unique touch every individual note he plays, and that's exactly what you get.
Using a MIDI keyboard, electronic drums, or pad controller, users can access 20 Gigabytes of Tony's top-tier blend of playing, sound, nuance and touch to enhance their songs and performances. When you put these together yourself, you've got the genuine sound of an R&B legend.
Additionally, drum/cymbal strikes can be adapted to any project by way of the instrument's powerful editing and mixing capabilities. Users can adjust pitch, envelope, EQ, and filter settings for each drum or cymbal, bringing versatility to the modern musician's arsenal. An all-new mixer provides per-part level, panning, and ambiance control—giving users the ability to tap into the coveted textures of Ardent's world-class live room. Post-processing effects include compression, reverb and EQ.
- Over 20 GB of expertly captured drum samples played by blues legend Tony Coleman
- Recorded at Ardent Studios using top-shelf microphones and pre-amps
- Select kick and snare drums feature 2-inch Studer tape compression
- Intelligent Rhythm Control corrects note timing without sacrificing musically
- All-new audio engine for uncanny realism in any DAW
- Comprehensive part editing; pitch, compression, filters, and EQ
- Studio-grade master effects; reverb, compression, and EQ
Tony Coleman’s Kit:
- Mapex Black Panther snare (maple)
- Mapex Saturn Series Kit: 10”, 12”, 13” Toms; 14”, 16” Floor Toms; 22” Bass Drum
- Ride: Sabian 22” AAX
- Crash: Sabian 18” AAX, 20” Vault, 18” AAX Fast Crash
- Hi Hat: Sabian 16” AA