Precise Downmix and surround re-balancing
Precise surround control, versatile downmix balancing and mix monitoring for accelerating and enhancing your surround productivity. Halo Downmix is the glue that brings your workflow together, allowing you to deliver in surround and stereo with ease and without compromise.
• Surround-to-stereo downmixing
• Surround re-balancing and fine-tuning
• Simultaneous surround/stereo workflow
• Surround restoration
• Stereo production within a surround workflow
• Maintaining dialog clarity in surround
• Removing rear-delay artefacts from legacy upmixing practices
Using standard downmix coefficients can sometimes lead to unsatisfactory results, particularly if legacy upmixing practices were used for the original surround mix. Halo Downmix quickly mitigates these issues and produces a more coherent stereo mix, controlling excessive diffuse sound from artificial reverb, and removing delay artefacts from the rear channels.
Adjust existing 5.1 or 7.1 mixes in surround-to-surround mode. Individual channels, and the balance between direct/diffuse sound can be adjusted to fine-tune or re-balance surround audio where access to the original mix is not possible.
3D Immersive Extension:
The 3D Immersive Extension option (sold separately) for Halo Downmix adds the ability to downmix from 7.1.2 - the format used for Dolby Atmos bed tracks.
Halo Downmix can also be used in conjunction with the NUGEN Receive plug-in (included) to enable a parallel surround/stereo workflow. This allows for rapid A/B checks between the full surround mix and the stereo downmix.
Flexible, intuitive interface:
Halo Downmix provides a highly creative solution for precise downmixing. Intuitive, visual controls for relative levels, timing, and direct/ambient sound balance allow unprecedented fine-tuning, delivering accurate downmixes no longer limited by typical in-the-box processes.
Halo Downmix’s highly customisable interface includes both advanced & compact modes, with quick-select ‘in-place’ monitoring of stereo and surround signals, as well as quick linked solo and mute functions at every stage, and clear visualisation of surround energy distribution.
- Ambient vs direct sound balance
- Automatic rear channel delay detection
- Surround input width control
- Rear channel shelf filters
- Downmix Low Frequency handling
- Highly customisable interface
- Full input and output level metering
- Direct numerical entry of all gain offsets
- Adjustable meter colour splits
- Surround energy distribution visualisation