A Powerful Dynamics Processor
Alchemist is the ultimate dynamic processing tool providing full control throughout the many steps of processing. Its wide range of uses stretches from :
• simple compression tasks,
• more advanced de-expansion,
• emulating classic analog compression,
• to recovering transients from an overly compressed mix,
• all the way to heavy parallel multi-band compression with up to 5 bands.
Designed with professional mastering and re-mastering applications in mind, the intricate design, superior workflow, and sound perfection, makes Alchemist tailored for the high demands of today’s music and pro-audio industry.
Alchemists five bands are divided using carefully tuned state-of-the-art IIR (Infinite Impulse Response) crossovers with selectable slopes (from 18 dB per octave to 54 dB per octave) and variable corner frequencies.
Alchemist operates as a single broadband processor or as a full-scale multiband processor offering up to five individual bands, each band provides:
• BitterSweet Transient Designer
• MS (mid/side) Control
• Auto Delay (Introducing a delay line into to signal for zero attack time)
• Selectable level detection mode and dynamics detection profile
• Processing envelope control (Attack, Hold, Release with optional Auto mode)
• Input / Output gain control
Full control over the processing:
In addition to the common controls on a dynamics processor; ratio, attack, release, Alchemist offers control over the fundamental characteristics of the dynamics processing on each band, all in order to provide full control over the processing even in the most demanding situations.
Individual Multichannel Processing:
Up to eight channels of simultaneous processing for multichannel surround configuration is provided. The processing can be disengaged on any of the channels leaving the material unprocessed, bypassing the original sound.
Dual Preset Slots and Parameter Morphing:
The built in preset manager and the preset morphing slider, provide instant and intuitive control of all parameters and controls. In a second, with a simple one-click operation, everything is copied from one of the two preset slots to the other, even during playback.
- Resizable user interfaces
- Five bands, each providing a full dynamics section with; Compressor, De-Compressor, Expander, De-Expander, the BitterSweet Transient Designer and M/S Width Control
- Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) crossovers with selectable slopes from 18 dB/oct to 54 dB/oct
- Preset/Parameter slots
- To enhance the workflow the two Preset/Parameter slots, A and B, can be loaded with two full set of parameters at the same time. Apart from saving each preset, a “Global Preset” containing both the A and B settings, and the position of the “Morphing Slider”, can be saved.
Mac OSX Windows Waves SoundGrid