Beyond The Pleasure Principal
PolyM distinguishes itself from other synths by having extraordinary features and a unique sound.
A few factors were key to the creation of the iconic sound of the PolyM’s glorious ancestor, the Polymoog synthesizer. First was replicating the two T.O.D (Top Octave dividers) Oscillators, each with PER NOTE Pulse Width Modulation, initially used to get a big polyphony (unique at the time). Secondly was that iconic gritty Moog designed 24dB Ladder Filter, the essential acoustic Filter Bank and, finally, a rich full of character Resonator Bank.
More than two years were spent analyzing the Polymoog synthesizer. It convinced XILS-Lab that the most important part in recreating the true character of the sound was the Top Octave Divider Oscillators. So, during several months, they worked on modeling the Polymoog's oscillators in a way no one else had before. They successfully developed a Divide Down algorithm that brings out the true sound of the Polymoog.
The legendary Vox Humana sound, popularized by Gary Numan in his song Cars, can now be played by anyone with Xils PolyM. It is now possible to deliver that authentic vintage sound you would never have found without using the original classic synth itself.
- Two aliasing-free Top Octave Divider oscillators: One for the Sawtooth, the other for the Square.
- 71 emulated chips offering Mixer, VCA, envelope, 12dB filter and Pulse Width Modulation for each of the available notes.
- Gorgeous 24dB ladder filter, using the acclaimed XILS-lab zero-delay algorithm.
- 9 dedicated acoustic filters (Strings, Piano, Organ, Harps…) carefully reproduced from the original model.
- 1 resonator filter bank using 3 parametric filters (6 and 12dB) matching the original model.
- Four Vintage effects (Delay, Phaser, Reverb, Chorus).
- 9 modulation slots for endless sound possibilities.
- 1 monophonic envelope.
- 3 monophonic, tempo sync-able LFOs.
- 1 Advanced Arpeggiator.
- All parameters are MIDI controllable.
- More than 440 presets.