MasterCheck legacy to MasterCheck Upgrade
This is a special upgrade for owners of the original MasterCheck to obtain the MasterCheck 2.
MasterCheck is the complete optimisation solution for today’s delivery services, a plug-in providing the tools to make sure your music reaches the listener as intended. Streaming apps, download stores and podcasts all use data compression, loudness normalisation or both. These processes can affect your track in undesirable ways: your loud, punchy mix could end up quiet and flat, or suffer clipping and distortion.
This plug-in reveals these problems ahead of time, and enables you to deliver masters perfectly tuned for specific playout systems.
It demonstrates the effects of loudness normalisation so you can find the sweet spot between perceived loudness and dynamics, and allows you to hear artefacts introduced by the encoding process ahead of time. You can quickly find the point where these processes will start to negatively impact the music, putting you back in control.
• Measuring integrated loudness
• Monitoring PLR and PSR to avoid over-compression
• Identifying codec distortion, and tweaking to compensate
• A/B referencing at matched loudness
• Preparing mix dynamics for mastering
• Mastering for digital music services
• Measuring dynamic content
• Avoiding downstream clipping
• Auditioning loudness matched FX chains
• Mastering for podcasts and digital radio
Monitor how your hot mixes sound with the following codecs that come with presets for specific streaming services:
- Ogg Vorbis
- HE-AACv1 (AAC+)
- HE-AACv2 (DAB+)
'External ref' function:
- Allows you to A/B with reference material in order to check differences in loudness, PLR and True Peak measurements
- 'Offset to match' to match the loudness for a direct comparison
- 'Offset to match' can also be used to remove loudness from an FX chain.
- Resizable interface and many user configurable options
- Dynamic colour splits for PLR can be set to indicate desirable ranges
- Meter splits can be easily set to show 'safe zones' which indicate inter-sample peaks
Mac OSX Windows