Binaural Encoding Tool
HEar provides faithful reproduction of a stereo or surround mix with a pair of conventional stereo headphones. It relies on proven technology to model the various phenomenons that occur when playing back audio material through a loudspeaker system.
This allows monitoring a full surround mix in situations when a surround-capable environment is not available. Another typical use of HEar is when doing precise checking of a mix. It's more convenient with headphones on, as these provide asurgical and very detailed rendering of the audio.
HEar can also prove very useful in a studio environment, and whenever noise isolation is a concern, as it helps achieving a more realistic sound environment.
- Up to 16 channels processing (Channel Based Virtualization) with support for Dolby Atmos®
- Pro Tools HD 7.1.2 & 7.0.2 Dolby Atmos® Bus Support
- Space Presets, presenting a range of spaces with subtly different colorations
- Routing Matrix for mapping between the plugins inputs from the DAW track to the virtual speaker internal outputs
- Speaker Mode specifies the emulated virtual speaker configuration
- Speaker Width to control the width between virtual speakers, expressed in degrees, which allows for narrowing or broadening the stereo image.
- Angle Shift to control the angle between the listener and the center of the virtual speakers
- HEar relies on HRTF filter measurements made using a KEMAR (Knowles Electronics Manikin For Acoustic Research) dummy head and torso simulation.