String Machine, Synthesizer, Bass Synth
It's a String Machine and a Synthesizer and a Bass Synth...
Or it can be the three of them at the same time, which is why it was advertised originally as 'The Analog Orchestra'
Recently a Vintage Analog Human Choir Machine was added (as an alternative oscillator source for the Synthesiser module) and it is also was used to augment the presets of the vintage String Machine model.
The X-505 offers all the layering and tweaking possibilities of its glorious predecessor, including the control of the finely tuned balance between the Strings registers, and for precise balancing of all the inputs of the quadruple (yes four module) BBD Chorus unit.
Many additional parameters are now available, ready to be tweaked, in the user friendly X-505 control panels allowing you to construct an even wider sound palette. A juicy sounding analog Phaser and a vintage Reverb round out this awesome package.
- Oscillator: The heart of the beast. Faithfully emulated, free of any aliasing, a TOD (Top Octave Divider) design Oscillator that provides up to 49 voices of polyphony.
- A String Section, with its own filter, Waveform mangling, Attack and release settings.
- A Synthesiser Section with dedicated ADSR, 24db Analog Filter with envelope and LFO modulations, various sound sources (Rocker switches) and a Second Touch special retrigger feature.
- A Human Voice Section with custom formant and balance settings.
- A Bass Section with three cumulative waveforms. Each waveform can be filtered in the BASS panel.
- One Main LFO to control the Vibrato. And another LFO freely assignable in the Modulation Matrix.
- Several Envelope Parameters for each section. A global ADSR for the Synth Section. And an additional DADSR envelope assignable in the Mod Matrix
- A thick sounding quadruple BBD Chorus/Ensemble unit. (Each section has it's own individual send level).
- A raw Analog Phaser effect. A Vintage Natural sounding reverb. A True Stereo Space effect.
- A Modulation Matrix, with 6 nodes addressing 14 sources and 24 destinations. Access to a lot of previously hidden parameters in the hardware models.
- A special Glide Section.
- And finally, all parameters can be controlled via MIDI Control Change from your Daw (or Live).