Main Mix Compressor
The 925 mark 2 is MIA Laboratories’ preferred main mix compressor.
It is designed using physical modelling principles, based around the classic ‘feed-back’ topology in hardware circuit-design.
The sidechain detection stage is based on the basic analog envelope detector circuit.
Key design features include:
- The Variable knee response allowing more compression to be applied, especially on high-transient sounds like percussion, samples, vocals etc. In this version, we are introducing the Slope / Ratio mode selection, which significantly changes 925’s compression curve, resulting in completely different character and dynamic response.
- The specially developed ‘Damping’ control is also introduced in 925 MkII, which allows for smoothing and fine-tuning the detector’s response. It adds to the versatility of this tool and provides the user with a greater control and shaping of the signal’s envelope.
The 29 carefully tuned presets provide a solid starting point for a variety of uses. A host of new features has also been included in MkII, including Sidechain Filtering, Band Compression and Dry/Wet control, they add to the versatility of this plugin.
- Modern Feed-forward designed Compressor
- Stereo Link Operation : same amount of compression is applied to both L/R channels. With Stereo Link disabled, compression takes place independently for each channel, whilst retaining common controls for both.
- External Sidechain: you can use any other channel of your mix as an input to the side-chain of MIA 925 Compressor
- Output Level / Gain Reduction Meters: a fast and detailed display, allowing you an accurate and clear reading of the compression process.
- 29 MIA Presets