The best software emulation of the Binson Echorec 2
The Pulsar Echorec is a software emulation of the iconic echo/delay unit of the same name produced by the Italian brand Binson in the 1960s.
The sound of this magnetic disk delay differs from the tape delays used at the time, and has largely contributed to the audio signature of many 70s bands: Pink Floyd, The Shadows, Jimmy Page etc.
The best software emulation of the Binson Echorec 2:
Vintage Echorec devices are known for their saturation, self-oscillation, and oversound, all shaping the music produced in the 70s. They are also, however, known to be fragile and difficult to maintain.
The Pulsar Echorec plugin gives you a faithful emulation of this legendary echo unit; furthermore, many workflow improvements have been added to the original, such as the ability to change the motor speed (and so the delay time) in real time or to sync it to any tempo, including a tapped tempo.
Three different units, in different conditions, have also been precisely modeled, to have all sounds from the cleanest magnetic delay, to the most grunge.
These additions and the signature sound of the Binson Echorec 2 make this echo a must-have tool for any mixer who wants to add the subtle analog life, which is sorely lacking in digital delay plugins.
- Authentic tube sound with special prefilters
- Magnetic field recreation
- Stereo Drift creating a large stereo echo with precisely placed repetitions
- Creative Modulations with ability to slow the disk down with a finger resulting in creative pitch modulation or wow and flutter effects on the delayed signal
- Three States of Wear
- An off Mode that reproduces the color and grit of the delayed signal, without any delay.