Vintage Jazz Drum Kit
The BFD Jazz Noir expansion pack captures a rare, vintage Camco ‘Oaklawn’ drum kit for BFD3.
Perfect for all genres of jazz, funk and neo-soul, Camco drums are sought after by players and collectors alike for their clarity of tone and warm sustain. This kit was tuned medium-high and recorded with sticks and brushes. The collection comes with a set of Istanbul cymbals – including a beautiful 24" ride – plus a 1930s Round Badge Gretsch snare drum, offering a low and fat alternative to the Camco kit snare.
Their engineers used an array of high-quality microphones to capture direct and ambient signals for BFD Jazz Noir. These microphones included : an Oktava MK220, a Neumann TLM 103, an Avantone CK-1, a Røde NT5 condenser, SE Electronics and a pair of AKG C451Bs. Ambient mics include a pair of Golden Age Project R1 (room), an AEA R84 ribbon mic (mono room), as well as a special trash mix channel to add some saturation to your drum-tracks.
- An immensely detailed 1962 Camco drum kit played with sticks and brushes
- A 20” kick drum captured in four different ways (inc. with damping)
- The original Camco kit snare and a vintage Gretsch snare drum
- A set of Istanbul cymbals
- Fully dynamic kit ready for processing
- 5 kit presets to inspire your creativity
- Perfect for all jazz styles