Sampling meets modeling, again & again
Following the success of the VHorns Brass Section, Acoustic Samples decided to work on saxophones. And after a whole year of work, the complete saxophone family is here!
Acoustic Samples went beyond simply sampling one of each saxophone, so with VHorns Saxophones, you get 2 altos, 2 sopranos, 2 tenors and 2 baritones, each played by a different musician and using a technique to cover a specific genre (one more Jazz oriented and the other with less air that is more suited for classical.
Just like for VHorns Brass Section, they wanted to make it easy to use, without any key switches, and able to just control the air flow.
Thanks to their recent work on a hybrid technology blending samples and modeling, they were able to overcome both of these problems and take advantage of having the best of both worlds: impeccable authentic sounding horns with a simple, powerful way of playing them.
The VHorns Saxophones are also based on HAT (our proprietary Harmonic Alignment Technology). This technology allows us to accurately reproduce the timbre evolution from very soft to very loud playing.
They struck a balance in combining both technologies by using samples as the sound source, while the rest utilises modeling techniques. This allows VHorns Saxophones to weigh around just 100Mb per instrument (retina graphics and presets included), while truly sounding like a real live saxophone instrument being recorded with all of its imperfections, as well as having fully continuous response with unparalleled playability.
And they are confident in saying that to their ears, and hopefully yours too, VHorns Saxophones is the most realistic and easy-to-use saxophone VST available today.
- 8-Instrument Bundle: 2 altos, 2 sopranos, 2 tenors and 2 baritones.
- The HAT - Air Flow Control: thanks to their proprietary HAT (Harmonic Alignment Technology), you can play articulations yourself like a player would, with just a MIDI controller (or by drawing in automation)!
- Authentic Vibrato: multiple ways to control the vibrato: automatic, automatic depending on time, and completely manually to mimic the jaw movement of a musician.
- Legato Transitions
- Multi Microphone Recording
- Virtual Space
- Advanced Editing
- Keyboard, Breath Controller or Wind Controller
Mac OSX Windows
Acousticsample products must be protected via iLok.